Friday, September 15, 2023

Chi

I woke up 
After a good night’s sleep

The first thought 
That zoomed across my mind
As I watched into the mirror 
After splashing my face 

What will your answer be if someone asks about
“The best moment of your life “

The answer that came 
Was equally baffling for a morning 

The best moment of my life is 
“The few moments before when I splashed water onto my face “ 

No big awards day
No big emotional day with lover
No big day like marriage

Where is the story ? 

Days went by 

Stuck with the question and with the equally mysterious answer

Another question popped in an afternoon 
What is the most beautiful scenery that you have seen ? 

The answer was no less intriguing this time

It was the view out of the balcony with trees waving and sunlight falling on them

What ? 

Just an ordinary view out of my ordinary balcony 

Can’t my subconscious answer 
The places I have travelled with friends
The faces that have frenzied my hormones in youth

Again no story, no context , nothing big 
Just an ordinary view from the balcony at a random day and time 

There is hope in these answers 

All of us have stories 
Of parents not respecting our individuality 
Friends doing the same 
Lovers abandoning in the middle of a plausible sweet story
Health and wealth troubles 

Well may be the story doesn’t matter 
May be living matters
 
Those moments we spend 
With our own selves 
Floating amongst the stars, the flowers, the colours
Without any context, without any story 
Is the whole of life 

And the story is the small five percent 
And the raw , mysterious life is the whole 

Where we stand naked at the same level
As the kings, the pauper, the athlete, the old, the young , the males , the females , the animals 

And that is all that matters 
Really 




No comments:

Post a Comment